The Assessment Working group was convened in October 2018 with the following objectives:
- To co-ordinate the review and development of new assessment policy and procedures in line with best practice.
- To create a comprehensive assessment policy and procedures document applicable across all levels and all forms of KCETB FET provision and cognisant of all awarding bodies.
Once the Terms of Reference were established, a collation of literature and resources was reviewed. Throughout 2019 and into 2020 assessment policies and procedures were created.
As part of the review process, consideration was given to all aspects of assessment including:
- Assessment Planning/Role of the Internal Assessor
- Communication with Learners
- Assessment Deadline Regulations
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Compassionate Consideration
- Feedback to Learners
- Assessment Malpractice